At Canada Life, we’re committed to growing the market and providing outstanding adviser and customer support. In the last year, we’ve reinforced this commitment through:
Our response to Coronavirus. Our agile response ensured we could continue to communicate with advisers by phone, email, or during weekly webinars. We worked with our funders to ensure transparency at all times, adapting our processes quickly and maintaining a 95% call response time. We invested in our sales team, hiring three employees to manage the pipeline, giving advisers the information needed to reassure their clients and move cases through to completion. We also worked with our valuation partner to ensure our client’s safety was prioritised.
Hosting workshops. We’ve enhanced our market leading workshops, delivering an end-to-end journey for advisers wanting to engage with the market. In 2020, we adapted our workshops to the virtual environment, hosting over 400 advisers face-to-face or virtually, free of charge. We proactively adapted the content of our workshops to the coronavirus environment, providing support to advisers operating in a virtual world. Our workshop journey focused on:
- Inception through to competency
- Relentless focus on quality advice and good customer outcomes
- How to grow the market and become an expert
- Broadening experts knowledge in later life advice
Equity Release Exam
- Developed specifically to grow the market, offering tailored support to help advisers attain their qualification
- Hosted 100+ advisers
- 5-star feedback. 100% of delegates rated the presenter ‘Excellent’
- “Considering I was a novice, it was very informative and it will help me give the best advice to the client”
Setting the Standard
- Developed to ensure good customer outcomes and support continued professional development. Looks at best practise across the industry and developing soft skills
- Hosted 150+ advisers
- Developed to encourage further adviser engagement and market growth
- Content adapted to the coronavirus environment
- Hosted 150+ advisers
- 100% of delegates would recommend the workshop
- “Very informative. I have taken quite a few nuggets of advice away with me’
Business growth support – We’ve highlighted new income stream opportunities, signposted how diversification can increase business models and advised on how to market a business in a structured and focused way.
Continuing to broaden the market. We’re committed to helping advisers meet evolving customer needs by developing innovative product solutions. We’ve enhanced our product range 19 times.
Competency Framework – We’ve partnered with the Equity Release Council to develop a Competency Framework. The framework focuses on financial and legal advice, benchmarking the technical, business and interpersonal skills needed to excel in these disciplines. Developed for new, supervised and competent advisers, the framework will guide advisers on their learning and development journey, setting them up for success.
Intermediary reviews – As part of our commitment to ensuring good customer outcomes, we help adviser firms develop a robust advice framework by reviewing their processes and performance. Any action required from a best practice/compliance viewpoint is signposted, helping them to strengthen their governance.
“Thank you again for your time today – was very informative and helpful for us!”