Complete FS

Not surprisingly we don’t seek awards but there is absolutely no harm in letting you know what we’ve been up to in the last 12-18 months as we rarely shout about our successes.

Complete FS is a relatively small business, employing just over 20 staff with the ownership shared between Phil Jay & Damian Cain and this makes for a very steady ship. Since 1993 the business has traded though difficult times before and the pandemic was just the latest stormy market to sail through. We didn’t panic, make redundancies, shout or hide. Like other SME’s we rolled our sleeves up and worked in all departments to ensure that our lenders and customers were able to work through the pipeline.

Without fuss we have maintained the offices in Hamble, Southampton but moved all the staff to remote working at home with new phones and a cloud based IT system.

Continuity is key as we are lucky that we don’t lose many staff. The two directors and three senior staff have been at Complete for a combined 71 years, the newest is over 11 years in the role! This amount of knowledge, experience and business savvy is unrivalled in the specialist market, although we tend not to shout about it.

What makes the lenders on our panel & the numerous networks/clubs want to work with us? Firstly its our low base cost. We don’t have large overheads so we can operate a very transparent and fair cost structure, the envy of our competitors. In a specialist market that can be construed as opportunistic we much prefer to seek repeat business from brokers. The procurement fees payable by lenders is generous, so why do many specialist distributors still want to charge additional costs to the borrower? We don’t!

The postscript to this also makes our success even more commendable . Over 60% of our income is generated from the BTL and residential market. The remaining 40% is from the more niche lending of bridging, commercial and secured loans.

We work very closely with our lender partners and the reward for this is a far better customer outcome which includes, lower rates, enhanced criteria, speedier processing & more consistent decision making. Only in the last few weeks we have been accredited as a GOLD Partner with Together and PREMIER Packager with Pepper Money.

To summarise, Complete have been compact and able to adapt easily to the changes in the UK specialist mortgage market as well as the global changes that has affected everyone. 2021 has again taught us to be true to our beliefs and work honestly and kindly to all the people in our industry.

Complete FS – sustainable since 1993……