During what’s been a challenging year for the buy to let market, we consolidated our position as the market leading specialist lender for broker support and education. Our mantra has stayed the same throughout the pandemic – we were here for brokers and their customers yesterday, we’re here for them today and we’ll be here for them tomorrow.
Here are some of the ways we helped to ensure brokers could continue to access the products they needed during the first lockdown:
- Honoured pipeline cases submitted pre-COVID-19 based on the original criteria.
- Introduced desktop valuations and AVMs as an alternative to physical valuations.
- Accepted uncertified documents, such as passports and driving licenses.
- Embraced video technology, using virtual appointments as a substitute for direct contact.
- Accepted customers receiving support from the SEISS and furlough schemes.
During the second lockdown we:
- Continued with full COVID-safe physical inspections through our panel valuers, Connells.
- Continued to keep brokers fully updated about how their cases are progressing, helping us to maintain a 24 to 48 hour turnaround on all applications and documents received and offer issued.
Here are some of the ways we’ve engaged with brokers, ensuring we continue to educate and upskill the sector and keep them up-to-date with the latest developments.
- Delivered a series of bespoke buy to let webinar sessions open to anyone who wished to attend.
- Supported the NACFB Virtual Expo event and were a headline sponsor at The Property Investor Finance Forum, hosting a number of roundtable events.
- Boosted brokers’ wellbeing with a series of virtual educational workshops looking at topics such as working from home and how to look after their emotional and mental health.
Wayne Gray, Managing Director of DMI Finance, said: “Precise Mortgages continues to lead the market in buy to let on proposition and the education they provide. Their knowledge on understanding what the landlord requires, from first-time landlords to portfolio landlords with their suite of property types, is excellent, combined with the consistent service they provide.”