If you hadn’t heard of Timsco then by the time you read this you will have heard of Propp! Our name has changed – as part of a branding refresh – but our mission remains the same: we are challenging conventional wisdom in specialist property finance through digital disruption and innovation. Our aim is to become the starting point for every property finance deal in the UK.
Clients tell us that they view specialist property finance as murky. They feel the process heavily favours brokers and lenders and that they, as borrowers, feel left in the dark. We exist to change this and put more power in the hands of clients.
With our comparison site Propp.io, we are transforming how people obtain specialist property finance, through our commitment to transparency and our technology. Borrowers will now have the ability to view products from some of the leading providers, often not available through traditional brokers, without being forced to surrender personal details to access rates on the site. Through Propp’s optimisation service, bespoke quotes are negotiated for and presented back to borrowers within 24 hours.
Through our use of technology, Propp makes comparing property finance deals easy and uncomplicated; driving higher competition, helping negotiate and guide people to the best deals available on the market. With UK commercial real estate values totalling c.£900bn we want to make the process of obtaining finance far more accessible for the benefit of client, lender and intermediary.
Propp.io is tech-enabled transparency and efficiency:
- We are the UK’s first genuine direct to consumer price comparison site for specialist property finance
- Our deal optimiser service has been uniquely configured in Salesforce to automate the lender bespoke quotation requests, saving borrowers time and money
- Data-driven – over the past year we have built relationships with lenders to help drive product innovation and identify under-served and niche opportunities
- Electronic identification and e-signature already embedded, as well as automated process automation for client contact management
But behind the scenes we’re about more than just tech. Our industry experience and values are what differentiates and drives us.
- Our senior leadership team were founders of the award-winning Simply Finance, which was acquired by John Charcol in 2016, and have adopted the same successful consumer-led approach to specialist lending.
- Act like it’s regulated, even if it isn’t. We embrace the demand for higher standards and greater accountability. We quickly achieved FCA authorisation and NACFB accreditation, and have been appointed to the more elusive lending panels such as Yorkshire, Natwest and Together because we can demonstrate sales processes that demand positive customer outcomes and client records to back this up.
Despite having only started trading in November 2018 we are delighted to have been shortlisted. We believe what sets us apart from the other new entrants is our ability to be a major part of what drives this sector of specialist property finance forward, for the betterment of all.