The club is lead, and managed by Lisa Martin, who also sits on the LSL financial services board working within the 3 FCA regulated businesses responsible for c2400 advisor sellers. Lisa leads with both expertise and experience of the same regulatory standards and expectations for the TMA club, which only one of the 3 other nominees can claim, and upon a much smaller scale of advisory numbers. The DNA enables Lisa to lead the full scope of TMA responsibility across, Sales, Provider and Lender relations, Compliance, Marketing and Events together with the brokers’ telephone support team. This is all delivered by the team of 15. TMA Club has gathered significant traction in the last four years, in a market that has been heavily dominated by the largest two Clubs.
TMA have their own P&L, where Cost to Income ratios, Return of Investment, and a rising expectation of contribution to our Group shareholders is important. That said, in the DA marketplace, active broker support, competitor differentiators, team delivery, and enhanced Proposition value is critical. In a flat market, disrupting long established sometimes complacent relationships has been the core of activity. It’s more than a transactional relationship. TMA is about business consultancy, leading with a theme of double your business in 3 years. The team are enthusiastic, supportive and attentive in our approach to intermediaries.
The key successes for 2019 are:
- Profit forecast up 8.5% despite 7.5% new investment in staff cost. Over £1M Profit (From 15 staff).
- Loyalty up – 302 Firm monthly regular users = 96% Business – Relationships from one man band, to Call Centres to Large Corporates. Overall Users to Sep (581 firms).
- DA Compliance Support Contracts doubled, attributing to 10% of profit. SM & CR workshops and Templates.
- First to Market with ‘Keeping You Safe’; ‘You’re never alone’ ‘Keep in Touch’ toolkits for brokers
- National Broker Recognition Awards – linked to quality and success – 100 broker attendees, with AMI education.
- National Conference.
- Access to an Online CPD platform.
- Protection engagement up – Sales Skills training delivered by TMA.
- Technology – Save time, make efficiencies, future-proof your business.
-Exclusive ‘Eligible’ Proposition:- a Broker platform for retention.
-Exclusive DA Toolbox CRM:– including Sourcing, ID&V, Protection & GI Hubs.
- Sizeable firms move from other long term relationships.
- DA Broker induction Courses – 3 days.
- Business Principal workshops – likeminded DA Business Network Events – invite only.
- Later Life Lending Hub being launched q4 2019.
- Brand Profile Increased – More Followers on Social Media than competitor DA clubs.
Given the market is flat we have grown ahead of many of our competitors, (lenders will confirm) who must be losing business share!
We have carefully invested in excellent staff who have a passion for the delivery of services that support our business writers. We regularly remind ourselves that they pay our wages, and therefore engagement and understanding of their needs; the Why’s, the What ifs, and future proofing their business is critical.
TMA – a deserved winner!!